Wednesday, April 1, 2009

i'm broke and i am broken.

I’m worn and I’m so jaded.
I’ve worked so hard to make it.
And after all this waiting,
You are asking me for patience.

I’m broke and I am broken.
My plans all fall to pieces.
It’s not the money that I want,
It’s the opportunities it brings.

So forgive me,
If I start to get impatient,
If I act a little selfish,
If I seem a little faithless.
Can’t you see that I am weak?

But I feel like,
Someone ripped my heart out
And left me there to bleed.
What’s the point of living
A life without your dreams?

I am stripped and I’m defenseless
There is nothing I can do
I used to be on top
Now I’ve got nothing left to lose.

I just wanted to be different,
And I wanted to be great
And inside I guess I thought
Somehow I could control my fate
But I guess I was too selfish
And way too busy making plans.
Well, clearly, it is out of my hands.

And I just have to trust you.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a song? I like the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i wrote it to be a song, but so far its just lyrics. but i suppose it could be a song in the future. haha.

    so, thanks! i'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete